butternut squash, carrot, caveman diet, chicken broth, cooking, ginger, healthy, low carb diet, paleo diet, recipe
One thing you’ll learn about me, is that I loooove cooking, and I love cooking with my son even more…. or maybe I’m trying to turn him into a chef so he can cook for me when I’m older 😉
This is our version of a butternut squash, carrot and ginger soup. Made from absolute scratch. In my household, even the broth is home made. None of that flavorless or over salty commercial stuff.
2 tablespoons (30 ml) of butter
4 carrots, diced
2 chopped garlic gloves
1 onion, minced
1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced ginger
4 cups (1 l) butternut squash, peeled and diced
5 cups (1.25 l) of chicken broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the onions in olive oil until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and stir until fragrant, 1 minute or less.
- Add the carrots, squash, ginger and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are very tender.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool to just warm.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or blender. Pour soup back into pan.
- Adjust consistency with a little broth, if necessary.
That’s it, all, you know have a very healthy and in-season soup.
Now, If I receive another comment about “Not Having Time”… let me remind you
this: I’m a single mom, I own my translation firm and 2 other businesses and work a MINIMUM of 60 hours a week (80 on average) just translating. Yet, I find time to cook all the meals AND to train 5 times a week. Seriously… #WhatIsYourExcuse?
I takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook do this all. You’ll also have enough leftovers for your lunch the next day.